Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The honest-to-goodness last Mirror's Edge post until the next one

Above: How can I even look her in the tattooed eye after this?

Okay, the Mirror's Edge review is up now at thephoenix.com, and that really is the last I will have to say about it. Until the post about the worst games of the year, I suppose.

Thinking about this whole thing has been giving me horrible Mass Effect flashbacks. You may remember that I couldn't stand that game, in contrast to the many critics who teamed up to give it a Metacritic score of 91. That, too, was a game that somehow kept coming up in conversation over and over again -- a game I couldn't seem to wash my hands of, no matter how hard I tried. Part of me didn't even really want to. Buried somewhere deep inside there had to be the game everybody else liked, and I wanted to play that game. Alas, I never found it in Mass Effect, and, tempting new DLC or no, I won't be trying to find it in Mirror's Edge.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It happens to all of us... I still have a miserable time trying to enjoy GOTY: Oblivion.

(Should we refer to previous GOTY picks as GOTY even after their time has past like we do for American Presidents? I sometimes have a problem with that. Especially with Bill and Oblivion)

Mitch Krpata said...

Ah, Oblivion. There's a game I wasn't playing for review, put three hours into, and was quite comfortable saying: "Eh, not for me."

I think we should do that, especially to remind ourselves of our past horrible GOTY picks.

Ben said...

hmmm this post is about the game I have found most frustrating in 2008 that alot of other people liked, and Mass Effect was the game I found most frustrating in 2007 that almost everyone else liked. Get out of my head!

Anonymous said...

hmmm this post is about the game I have found most frustrating in 2008 that alot of other people liked, and Mass Effect was the game I found most frustrating in 2007 that almost everyone else liked. Get out of my head!
(I may or may not be posting this twice. stupid blogger)

Ian McCullough said...

It' ok, I didn't like GTA IV.