Monday, January 21, 2008

A New Taxonomy of Gamers: Table of Contents

The series "A New Taxonomy of Gamers" wrapped up last Friday. For your convenience, here are the links to all 11 parts in one convenient post.
Part 1: What We Talk About When We Talk About Games
Part 2: Hardcore? Casual? Hardcasual?
Part 3: Skill Players vs. Tourists
Part 4: Case Study: Guitar Hero
Part 5: Skill Players: Drilling Down
Part 6: Case Study: Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Part 7: Cash Rules Everything Around Me
Part 8: Supply and Demand
Part 9: Case Study: The Orange Box
Part 10: Tying It All Together
Part 11: Know Thyself

That does it for this series. I hope people enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it, and that it gave you some food for thought about the way we play our games. I'd like to do more of this type of essay in the future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like to try multiple games, and try not to pigeon hole myself...good writeups