Tuesday, March 13, 2007

MotorStorm

The MotorStorm review is up now. All in all, it's a good game with some problems that are representative of the first wave of software for a new system. I am encouraged about the PS3's future prospects.

I also thought it was charitable not to mention the many people in the MotorStorm online community who tend to quit races whenever they're not winning. More than once, I've had every other racer drop out when I've had the lead. I don't get it. Even when I'm putting along in last place, which is usually the case, I take my medicine like a man.

4 comments:

avixe said...

I'm asking because I really don't know: what's out for ps3 at the moment that'd be worth buying if one had the system?

Mitch Krpata said...

Besides MotorStorm, I'm not really sure. I think a lot of people would tell you Resistance, but after downloading the demo I don't feel the urge to go out and buy it. The biggest problem I have is that it seems like the left analog stick has too big a dead zone in the middle, so every time I try to nudge it over a few pixels nothing happens. But I've only tried it more than once.

Other than that, uh... Virtua Fighter 5, maybe? I don't know. We're still definitely at the stage where the only reason to buy it is to satisfy your technolust. I am bullish on its prospects, though. Maybe Heavenly Sword will blow us away.

Mitch Krpata said...

Er, I've only tried it once or twice, I should have said.

avixe said...

Ok, thanks.