Thursday, January 31, 2008

Curse my self-imposed No More Heroes embargo!

Here's the thing: I really want to talk about No More Heroes. I want to read Leigh Alexander's "Aberrant Gamer" column about it, and Michael Abbott's post at the Brainy Gamer. In all likelihood, I want to comment on their posts. This is the kind of game that demands to be discussed. It is impossible to play it and not think about it; think deep and analytical thoughts about what it is, what it isn't, and what it means. And it's impossible not to want to share those thoughts.

But I can't, just yet. I'm filing my review overnight tonight, and until that's done I don't want to read what anybody else has to say about it. No reason to go into it biased.

So... be prepared for some No More Heroes posts starting tomorrow. They're going to be great. I swear!

1 comment:

Michael Abbott said...

Now you have me on pins and needles, Mitch! ;-)

Seriously, I'm looking forward to your thoughts. I think this is an important game for all sorts of reasons you can read about later. I'm curious to know what you make of it.

Oh, and to answer your question from the previous post - I detect a key difference among Joystiq, Kotaku, and Game|Life: Kotaku headlines are RED; Joystiq headlines are ORANGE (like yours); and Game|Life headlines are black. There you have it. You can donate my $10 to the Jack Thompson Rehabilitation Fund.

I appreciate the diligent way these sites cover games, but it does often seem like my game news arrives in triplicate.