Thursday, January 17, 2008

Not owning Rock Band is becoming physically painful

Anybody who knows me knows that I love three things above all else: video games, Oasis, and beer. Well, two of those are about to come together in a big way. Word on the street is that Harmonix is delivering an Oasis song pack to Rock Band owners next week.

It's an excellent troika, featuring "Wonderwall," "Live Forever," and "Don't Look Back in Anger." Of those three, "Wonderwall" seems the least suited to the game, given the lack of a blistering solo. Some better choices might have been "Supersonic" or "Champagne Supernova," but considering that the game has been lacking in power ballads, it could have been a lot worse. "Wonderwall" is still a fantastic song. As for "Don't Look Back in Anger," it's one of my top five songs of all time -- maybe even number one.

I've been able to resist the siren call of Rock Band to this point for several reasons: the price, the lack of space in my game room, and my desire never to invite anybody to my apartment for any reason. Now, though, I don't see what choice I have. Ever the optimist, I have added the game to my wedding registry. I'd prefer that over, say, a salad spinner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahem: "Anybody who knows me knows that I love three things above all else: video games, Oasis, and beer."
-Molly