Thursday, October 01, 2009

Current events

Hello, Insult Swordfighting readers! You may have noticed that things have been quiet on the ranch lately. This is for three reasons, two of them mundane and one fairly exciting. I'll give them to you in that order.

1. I haven't been playing anything for the past couple weeks.

These days, when I don't have to review anything, I find myself playing nothing at all. And when you're not playing anything, it's hard to write much. This should be changing in the weeks to come. Look for a Scribblenauts review soon, plus stuff about Dead Space: Extraction and, in all likelihood, Uncharted 2.

2. I got sick for a bit.

God that is so boring. You don't care. I don't care either.

3. Starting next week, I'll be contributing to a more professional-looking blog.

Yes! I'll be publishing reviews and other game-related posts at tor.com, a sci-fi/fantasy blog owned by Macmillan publishers. The site mostly focuses on fiction, but its bloggers also cover comics, movies, anime, and lots of other great stuff. It's a very cool site. I'm excited to get started.

How will that impact this blog? In all likelihood, it won't. I've never really published straight reviews here, anyway, and given that InSword's primary purpose has always been to give me a place to talk about stuff I find interesting without having to worry about playing to an audience, it's likely to stay that way. I have also found that writing begets more writing -- it's possible that blogging for tor.com will only spur me to write more for this site.

That's the scoop. Thank you for reading.

9 comments:

Matthew Gallant said...

Best of luck with the new gig!

Mike said...

Congrats, sir. Well-deserved.

Unknown said...

Cool. I don't know what Tor is, but I like sci-fi and/or fantasy so I'm going to have to add that to my Google Reader subscriptions.

Good on ya, as I hear they say... in some part of the world.. or TV.

Julian said...

Congrats on the new gig.

FelixIncauto said...

Like scott, I like the sci-fi stuff quite a bit, guess I'll check it out, congrats!

Mitch Krpata said...

Thanks guys. I will try to be awesome.

Quiche Poireau said...

more of you to read, more for us to enjoy!

Garrett Martin said...

congratulations, Mitch!

Denis Farr said...

Excellent news! I take it as an indicator of my nerdiness that I didn't need an explanation for Tor.

Not that I'm hiding even more sci-fi and fantasy books behind my back or anything.