Monday, October 27, 2008

Collecting scalps

Friday, October 17, 2008 -- 3:47 P.M.

ETpwnhome: d00d i got far cry 2

doobyscoo420: what!! it doesnt even come out 4 like another week

ETpwnhome: haha i no they totally broke street date at my best buy

doobyscoo420: i gotta go check mine

ETpwnhome: good luck man im gonna go SHOOT THE FUCK OUTA AFRICA

doobyscoo420: k have fun

doobyscoo420: guess ill just play dead space or some shit :(

Friday, October 17, 2008 -- 11:10 P.M.

ETpwnhome: OMG U HAVE 2 PLAY THIS GAME

ETpwnhome: OMG OMG OMG

doobyscoo420: they didnt have it at my best buy :(

ETpwnhome: IT SO AWESOME

doobyscoo420: and i tried gamespot and even target

doobyscoo420: :(

ETpwnhome: GAME OF TEH YEAR

ETpwnhome: GAEM OF EVAR

doobyscoo420: well i got to the last boss of dead space and its pretty cool

ETpwnhome: dude.

ETpwnhome: srsly?

doobyscoo420: it has big tentaculs and stuff

ETpwnhome: who cares about dead sapce lol

doobyscoo420: did u ever get past that asteroid shooting part

ETpwnhome: my guy has MALARAIA

ETpwnhome: fuck u

Tuesday, October 21, 2008 -- 7:37 P.M.

doobyscoo420: DUDE I GOT FAR CRY

doobyscoo420: i havent even started it yet but im so siked

ETpwnhome: lol good luck with that pos

doobyscoo420: we should play mulitplayer

doobyscoo420: wiat what

ETpwnhome: its so dumb

ETpwnhome: like it doesnt make sense. theres all these dudes who keep making u do dumb stuff for no reason, and like u drive around 4 an hour and dont do anything

doobyscoo420: what about the malaria

ETpwnhome: its GAY

doobyscoo420: so do u want to play multiplayer or no???

ETpwnhome: haha no dude i got littlebigplanet an im about 2 play the FUCK out of it

doobyscoo420: what i thought that got delayed 2 next week!!

ETpwnhome: lol ya i got mine from gamestop cuz i no the manager n they have tons of copies in the back

doobyscoo420: oh shit i gotta check my gamesotp

doobyscoo420: guess ill just play far cry or some shit :(

9 comments:

Denis Farr said...

Perhaps the most amusing thing about this to me is the fact that I heard the end of this exchange occurring at my local Gamestop this Saturday. One person was cajoling others, with the aid of an employee, for not having preordered LittleBigPlanet, while gleefully walking out with his own copy.

Mitch Krpata said...

I even heard that people were paying hundreds for copies of LBP on eBay last week, rather than simply waiting a week and buying it for face value. Maybe they thought they were investing in a collector's item, who knows. Ridiculous, either way.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

The really sad part is I think reviewers do the same thing--hype the heck out of a game and then forget it when the Next New Thing appears.

Mitch Krpata said...

Not only that, but it's reviewers who are setting the agenda. Not that we have much of a choice, really, when there's always another deadline right around the corner. But it goes a long way toward explaining the dearth of really insightful games criticism. There's just no time! There's always something else coming out.

Ben Abraham said...

Mitch is ETpwnhome in the above exchange, in case anyone didn't pick that up. Because he's so pro. =P

Daniel Purvis said...

Jesus, I wasted, like, a thousand words discussing this and you've summed up everything I've felt in the past month in the most idiotic exchange I've ever seen.

And, I went to a Slipknot gig last night where half the audience was excited enough to chant "people = shit" over and over.

For the record, I didn't join the chorus.

Anonymous said...

I assume that the dialogue was all fictional, so well done on that.

I left this train of thought a long time ago. I've never been up to date with my game purchases and by the time I did (last generation), I realized that it wasn't worth paying full price just to play a game on day one. That is unless the game is personally significant to me.

So now days I am just playing anything that I haven't completed already. That pretty much free range for anything released in the past 20 years. It all makes for a nice mix and it feels good writing about these games when everyone else abandonded so long ago. Even if 'so long ago' may be as short as 6 months.

Mitch Krpata said...

That's certainly the ideal way to play. I dream of a utopia in which we're free of the bonds of release dates and hype. Very tough to do if you're trying to write reviews, though. You need to get them out there while people still care. But props to anyone who's willing to throw their shoulder against that wheel.

Anonymous said...

The Online Gaming Community in a nutshell. Pure gold! Thank you very much.