Monday, January 14, 2008

File under: Not worth responding to

I know I'm always saying that people should take games a little more seriously, and not absolve them of responsibility for their ethical, moral, or political subtexts.

This is not what I had in mind.

It's not just the condescending, authoritarian tone that has been so in vogue among the country's right wing in recent years. Nor the homophobia, nor the misogyny. But this guy has obviously played Mass Effect even less than Dean Takahashi! He obviously should have disclosed how much time he spent playing the game before filing his review. Otherwise, he loses all credibility.

2 comments:

Tyler said...

Wait, I don't get it. Mass Effect is a sex game? I thought it was another generic shooter.

Mitch Krpata said...

I'll be honest: I would really like to play the game this guy is describing.