Thursday, November 27, 2008

The obligatory Thanksgiving post

Above: Charlie Brown would have made a great blogger, and Snoopy a great troll.

I'm not going to get all sappy on you here, but I'm genuinely thankful that, over the past year, I've discovered dozens of terrific gaming blogs. The "games" folder in my Google reader grows by the week. The best part is that I know I'm still missing some great stuff, which I'm sure you can help me fix by suggesting more in comments.

Anyway, on this Thanksgiving, let me just say thanks to all of these blogs for entertaining and enlightening me on a regular basis -- even those dormant ones that I just can't bring myself to unsubscribe from, in case they come back one day. In alphabetical order:
And yes, I do read them all -- all the ones that post less than 20 times a day, I mean. Now get outta here, ya knuckleheads. Go eat some pumpkin pie.

(Posting will resume on Monday.)

7 comments:

Matthew Gallant said...

Awwww, thanks Mitch. Happy turkey day!

If you're looking for even more reading material, I recently discovered Murderblog 3D.

brilliam said...

Wow, to be included in that list is an absolute honor! And, thanks to you for bringing some of those blogs to my attention... my insatiable appetite for more to read will be satiated! Enjoy your thanksgiving! Spoiler alert: Canadians like Matthew and I had Thanksgiving a month early as per usual, and I can tell you that the turkey is mighty fine this year.

- Brilliam

Daniel Purvis said...

Happy Thanksgiving to all! Honestly Mitch, it's been a pleasure to be a part of this wonderful blogging circle. I'm just going to go ahead and throw my thanks in there with yours.

Also, what the hell is Thanksgiving and what's it all about?

Anonymous said...

What everybody else said; really very flattered to be on that list, even if I'm not a "pure" gamesblog.

Really should get to writing up my own subscription list at somepoint. Hope you have a good Thanksgiving and holiday weekend.

Anonymous said...

as one of your defunct listings (the lesser half of hardcasual), i'm proud to be a part of something that made your year better.

games have been beautiful to me this year, and as someone who read the blog, you know that chris and i both are trying to figure out our place in both this industry and this world.

even though i'm mostly defunct these days aas a blogger, people like you who write so well and so thoughtfully about a big part of my life are always something to be thankful for. you should be proud to be doing something that everyone out there can admire.

Ben Abraham said...

Awww, more link <3 from the Mitch. Cheers Mate. If we had thanksgiving in Oz, I'd be thankful for Insult Swordfighting. =)

Daniel Purvis said...

Come to think of it, we actually at turkey on Friday. Aww, my first Australian Thanksgiving!